Monday, August 03, 2009

update!!!!

i just wanted to update you all on this post. since i didn't disclose details i will share a couple.
*3 years ago this november we bought this house for over $300,000.00
*today this house is worth $175,000.00
NOT A GOOD THING!!!
*we found out that our mortgage was going up to $8,000.00 a month
(due to the kind of loan we got)
raise your hand if you can afford to pay that...or if you can do you WANT to pay that. especially when the house is worth HALF of what the purchase price was.
*we asked the bank to work with us and they wouldn't so we chose to stop making payments and walk away from our home...(that was a horrible decision for us)
* 5 months of making no payments later they are begging us to let them work with us. they don't want another empty home. they have made a very desirable offer and we have decided to stay.
THE END!!!
OR
THE BEGINNING!!!
again

13 comments:

Shelly Hanson said...

yay!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Momma said...

same thing happend to us... only it was at the start of all this mess and so the bank did not want to work with us and our house is still for sale there for 125,000... we paid 315,000 so I feel ya

Enjoy Birth said...

Wow, I am so glad the bank wised up and is willing to work with you! Glad you get to stay!

Kate said...

That is GREAT news :)

christine said...

LOL. Sorry. Already heard this, but I can totally hear the way you speak in your writing and I love it! Miss you my friend. I am a social misfit these days. :(
love you though!

The Van Fam said...

yay! i am so happy it is all working out for you guys!

Pretty Organizer said...

Umm...Tatum is totally good enough for a craft group. I just got a phone call and said yes. I should have asked if you were in or not first:) Hooray for the bank... you guys own the miracle story of the year so far!

5littlenordstroms said...

That is great news! I am so glad things worked out and you get to stay in your home. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

WOW what story, sounds like that was a mess for a while. Glad things are working out!!

Sister Riley Rogers said...

All I can say is your post made me feel better about what we're going through right now. It sucks. I hate waiting. I hate imagining about getting a rental. I hate banks and everyone who doesn't have problems like us right now.

thank you.

Sister Riley Rogers said...

oh, and Riley didn't make the comment, I did.

Harmony said...

Hey Stac! I'm glad things worked out for you :) I love Amber's family picture. It's just perfect :)

Ali said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you guys. It was really good to run into you a while back. Miss seeing you guys around!

Hugs,
Taylor's