Friday, November 18, 2005

what is it about barf and me?


so yesterday i told the heartwarming story about tatum eating someone's vomit and while i assumed that she would be sick today i received a phone call from the school nurse saying that tristan had thrown up at school, DURING LUNCH, AT THE LUNCH TABLE. i said "that is so nasty, i'll be right there" not "oh my poor baby" like a loving mother would say because all i could think about was all of the kids who were sitting with him at the table. YUCK. when i got to the school i did love him up and i did feel so sorry for him. sweet boy. but this story is not about tristan or tatum or barf......... if you can believe that, it is about a very special girl named jenna,who loves her big brother very much. today when tristan came home from school sick she wanted him to be comfortable, she wanted him to be happy, she wanted to watch him in the bath so she could make sure that he was ok. jenna also has a very tender heart and just loves the people that are in her life. she asks for them, and prays for them and is always thinking of all of the super nice things that she can do for them. she is an excellent example to me, and is such a helpful big sister. she gladly gets me diapers and wipes and saves tatum from falling off the table when i can't get to her fast enough. i know how lucky i am to have her as MY daughter. i love her with all that i am.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh-that picture is so adorable.

poor you-barf house. again??
i feel so bad for tristan.
that jenna is way too cute.

Anonymous said...

Dang Stacy, you just can't get a break from the throw-ups...you poor girl. Sorry to hear your sweetie is not feeling well. Jenna is an absolute doll face! What a sweet little girl.

Shelly Hanson said...

these are the kind of pictures you need to be sending my way. I'm going to start copying them so be prepared!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is beautiful. I really think you do your girl's hair so wonderfully. I could use some lessons. LOL!

Trailady said...

Precious picture! Nobody told me when I became a Mom that I would end up being barfed on, peed on, etc. With 4 kids, I've had my share of messes to clean up. You sound like a really neat person & a great Mom!

Anonymous said...

love that you have a little helper-one of the gifts of girls!