Tuesday, March 28, 2006

eight years ago today

(and ironically the same weather, EL NINO) i married my best friend. i honestly had no idea what i was getting myself into. i don't mean to say that it was a bad choice, what i mean is, did any of us really know what life would be like as a married couple? all of the fantasies of a husband and children....seemed like they would never happen, it was the only thing i wanted and it was such an amazing and harmonious life, IN MY HEAD. in all honesty the way that i pictured this life to be was so great that i didn't leave room in my head for REAL life.

my husband and i argue and completely disagree at times. :) my children are disobedient and whine and cry entirely too much. i'm tired all the time. we are both way heavier than we ought to be...but the crazy thing is, to me this life (not the one i imagined) is way better. i have learned so much about who i am and who i want to be, i'm learning daily how to have more patience with my children, my husband and myself, and i love my husband way more than the husband in my imagination. what is there to learn in a perfect marriage or having perfect children? (which i realize don't exhist)

i perfectly love our imperfect life and i love this super cute face.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, a new post! (faint)
I am so glad that you are happy on your 8th anniversary! I remember the 7th year being particularly stinky in marriage, so the 8th is welcome. ;)
Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

WOW! i had no idea it had been so long, i really need to do better. :) hey wait a min. have you seen caroles blog lately?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Indeed not much in life is as we expect it to be, BUT there is beauty in everything if we choose to see it. Good for you for making it work.

Shelly Hanson said...

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. AMY BLOOM

For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. BILL COSBY


It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. Friedrich Nietzsche

After all these years, I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her.

Adam, in Adam's Diary MARK TWAIN


And a funny one...

My husband and I have never considered divorce... murder sometimes, but never divorce. Joyce Brothers

Anonymous said...

i about choked on my naked juice-you POSTED!!! ;) happy anniversary stace! he so cute.

Anonymous said...

Aww...Happy Anniversary! Such sweet words of wisdom. So glad you see the beauty in the real versus the fantasy.

Great picture of Jeff!

Glad to see you posting again...your bloggy missed you!

Anonymous said...

That was just too sweet!! I loved your comments. Happy Anniversary!!
Cute pic of Jeff!!
love you and miss you two!!

Anonymous said...

i love what you wrote here :)

Trailady said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY & many happy returns!

I can SO relate. Adjusting to what reality IS verses the dreams we have is a big struggle. I thought I was marrying a man, but quickly found out I linked up with a boy. Fortunately we've grown together and 13 years here we are still towing the line together. We have our share of arguments, but my man is still the one for me.

Anonymous said...

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. Friedrich Nietzsche. I THINK THIS WAS THE BEST ONE.

ABOUT YOUR CUTE HUSBAND: AT THE FAMILY REUNION AT UNCLE KIM'S, I TOLD JEFF THAT HE WAS "SURE GOOD LOOKIN'" AND HE GOT A LITTLE SMILE ON HIS FACE AND TURNED RED WHILE PULLING HIS BASEBALL HAT DOWN A LITTLE. HE HE

LOVE xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes my 7th year sucketh but rad to appreciate the reality of it all-happy 8th!